During the summer of 1897 a small group of summer residents of York Harbor met and founded the York Harbor Reading Room. A cottage was rented on what was known as Mason's Hill. Twelve years after it was founded, the original quarters had become too small to accommodate its members. Land was acquired, plans were drawn, a new building was erected, and the present Club House on York Street was opened May 29, 1910
Copyright © 2019 York Harbor Reading Room - All Rights Reserved.